Society of St. Vincent de Paul
St Clare's Residence
- The Bayview Avenue facility was purchased by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul and opened as St. Clare’s Residence in the fall of 2001.
- Within a month of receiving our first resident, we had attained full occupancy.
- St. Clare’s Residence is a 28-bed, transitional crisis-care facility for women, aged 25 years or older, who have experienced difficulty maintaining permanent housing;
- Our goal is to assist our residents to live independently in the community by providing long-term, self-directed services in a supportive, home-like atmosphere, governed by safety, respect, and dignity;
- Residents of St. Clare’s contribute financially, based on income.
The characteristics and needs of residents:
- Women who come to St. Clare’s are in need of building self confidence, re-learning basic coping skills, and gaining communication and life skills;
- Many are seeking employment possibilities and pursuing avenues that will lead them to independent housing.
Sr. Bernadette - Director - 416-225-3466
Ashley Hwang - Shift Supervisor